The global economic environment is a challenge that many of you around the world are undoubtedly facing. We are seeing high global inflation rates, as well as unfavorable currency trends, which are impacting consumers and creating pressure on many industries. Based on these difficult economic conditions, SIE has made the difficult decision to increase the recommended retail price (RRP) of the PlayStation 5 in certain markets in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Asia- Pacific (APAC), Latin America (LATAM), as well as Canada. There will be no price increase in the United States.
The new RRPs below are effective immediately unless otherwise specified.*
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Player – €549.99
- PS5 Digital Edition – €449.99
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Player – £479.99
- PS5 Digital Edition – £389.99
- Japan (effective September 15, 2022)
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Player – 60,478 yen (tax included)
- PS5 Digital Edition – ¥49,478 (including tax)
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – ¥4,299 yuan
- PS5 Digital Edition – ¥3,499 yuan
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Player – AU$799.95
- PS5 Digital Edition – AU$649.95
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Player – MXN 14,999
- PS5 Digital Edition – MXN $12,499
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Player – CAD $649.99
- PS5 Digital Edition – CAD $519.99
While this price increase is a necessity given the current global economic environment and its impact on SIE’s business, our top priority remains to improve the PS5 supply situation so that as many players as possible can experience everything the PS5 has to offer and what’s yet to come.
Thank you for your continued support.
*Some EMEA, APAC and LATAM markets not listed above may also benefit from price increases. Please check with your local retailer.