FORT WAYNE, Indiana (ADAMS) – Greater Fort Wayne (GFW) Inc. will host its first-ever Economic Development Summit on September 15 at the Memorial Coliseum.
The event is designed to equip local business leaders for a prosperous future, with expert presentations and panel discussions providing insight into general issues impacting business.
“I view this event as a one-day masterclass for local business leaders from all industries,” said GFW Inc. President and CEO John Urbahns. “Many of the presenters and panelists are statewide and national subject matter experts. When they lend their expertise to a group of talented business people, I am confident that this economic development summit will leave our local business community – and Allen County as a whole – in a position to succeed in the future.
The day’s program includes:
- A motivational message from Indiana Lieutenant Governor Suzanne Crouch.
- An economic perspective from nationally renowned economist Dr. Michael Hicks, director of the Center for Business and Economic Research at Ball State University.
- A presentation detailing how entrepreneurship can help Hoosier communities thrive, featuring Fishers Mayor Scott Fadness.
- An overview of Indiana’s business development plan, presented by Ann Lathrop, executive vice president of global investments for the Indiana Economic Development Corporation.
- A roundtable on the growth of regional public universities with leaders from Purdue University Fort Wayne, Indiana University Fort Wayne and Ivy Tech Northeast.
- A conversation about local housing, with experts from the public, private and non-profit sectors.
- An overview of our startup ecosystem, with a panel of local entrepreneurs.
The GFW Inc. Economic Development Summit will take place from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday, September 15 at the Memorial Coliseum. Tickets are available at Summit22.gfwinc.com.