Posted 3 hours ago by Gail
FULL-TIME PERMANENT POSITION
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT / OFFICE DIRECTOR
SUMMARY: The economic development coordinator is a link between business development organizations and the community. The candidate will be responsible for planning and organizing the implementation of projects, administering community development activities and coordinating the implementation of improvements to public facilities, utilities and other related programs for the community of Little Red River 106b reserve, as well as this responsibility. be required to fulfill an office manager role in the area of ââsupervisory duties and maintenance of day-to-day office functions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Prepare strategic plans and lead economic development initiatives by identifying and promoting new business and / or industrial opportunities.
- Compile and update demographic information regularly to promote the community.
- Identify relevant business resources for businesses in the community or region.
- Maintain active contacts with relevant agencies at all levels of government.
- Identify and promote government programs to help businesses, communities or regions develop economically.
- Prepare, maintain and present financial records and reports.
- Coordinates the implementation of economic development priorities as identified in community plans and policies and as assigned. Converts action plans to influence economic development outcomes.
- Cultivates and maintains strong and professional working relationships with a range of community stakeholders and / or funding organizations to support economic development.
- Maintains a community database of economic development information, including current businesses and key contacts.
- Proactively seeks funding opportunities for the Montreal Lake Cree Nation community 106B.
- Will assist with business plans or seek grants for MLCN 106B Band members and / or Program Coordinators / Managers as needed.
- Maintain relationships and actively communicate with existing businesses and industry while encouraging retention and expansion.
- Management supervisor for employees with these titles regarding time management and timesheet responsibility
- Maintain all business functions of the office environment including, but not limited to ordering supplies, requesting checks and purchase orders, and general office management practices.
- A bachelor’s degree in economics, business administration or commerce or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Familiarity with business development and financing.
- Knowledge of Zyntax and Microsoft Word software, including proposal writing and budgeting forms and procedures
- Strong sales experience. Ability to create a customer experience that conveys trust in the local community and can negotiate to the benefit of both groups.
- Must be proficient in spreadsheet analysis (Microsoft Excel) and proficiency in word processing (Microsoft Word). Knowledge of Microsoft Access and Microsoft Publisher would be an asset.
- Good problem solving skills paired with strong consensus and entrepreneurship skills.
- Work experience in a Cree community, knowledge of Cree culture and the ability to communicate in Cree would be an asset.
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license and provide a clear driving summary
- In accordance with the Criminal Record Check Policy, the above position is identified as a position of trust. Therefore, all successful applicants will be required to submit a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check.
HOW TO REGISTER: Interested candidates are invited to submit an application package, which includes a detailed motivation letter, curriculum vitae with detailed work and education history, satisfactory CPIC and vulnerable child sector check including three (3) professional reference letters, and any certificate relating to the position to the following:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 17, 2021
INTERVIEW DATE: To be determined
Gail Halkett, Human Resources 106b LRR Band Office
By fax, email or in person at the band office human resources office
Phone. : 306-982-3030 Fax. : 306-982-4545 Email: gail.halkett.mlcn.ca
We appreciate your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.