McKeesport, January 26, 2022 – State Senator Jim Brewster today announced that the Allegheny County Redevelopment Authority (RAAC) has awarded $600,000 in Gaming and Tourism Economic Development Fund (GEDTF) grants for projects in his senatorial district.
“I was happy to support and champion these projects,” Brewster said. “I have lobbied the Governor and the General Assembly as a member for many years for these types of grants to help our communities.”
GEDTF grants have been awarded to the following projects in Senator Brewster’s district:
- North Braddock Borough has received $100,000 for the rehabilitation of a bridge on Hawkins Avenue
- Plum Borough Received $100,000 for Center Beach Flood Improvement
- The Borough of Wilmerding received $75,000 for the rehabilitation of the Wilmerding Community Center
- Borough of Port Vue awarded $75,000 for burn remediation
- Liberty Borough received $75,000 for storm inlet replacement
- Elizabeth Borough received $75,000 for the historic Elizabeth Building
- Elizabeth Township Received $50,000 for Greenock Log House
- Wall Borough received $50,000 for retaining wall on Marie Street
“These projects will greatly contribute to our ongoing efforts to revitalize these communities,” added Brewster. “I would like to congratulate the winners and thank the RAAC for investing in this region.
GEDTF grants enable recipients to carry out important economic development projects. Eligible applicants include municipalities, authorities, government councils, non-profit organisations, trusts and for-profit companies.